1. Privacy at For Benefit Medicines Pty Ltd (FBM).
FBM believe your privacy is important. We are committed to ensuring that information we hold about you is held securely and that your confidentiality is protected.
FBM is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988. This policy explains how we treat information that we hold about you. It details the types of information we collect, how we may use that information and who we allow access to the information. Additionally we will on occasions provide on our website, with specific statements about how we use particular information that we collect from you.
2. What information does FBM collect?
The types of information we ask you for will depend on the type of relationship we have with you and may include the following:
If you are a doctor or pharmacist:
- your name, profession, business address and other contact information
- any comments or suggestions you have regarding our products
- details gathered during calls made by our sales representatives to you to ensure we provide you with a personalised service
- statistical details regarding prescriptions given or filled by you
- details of samples you request from us, and
If you are an individual consumer:
- your name and contact details, and
- Any personal information you provide to us which is relevant to your query or complaint. This may include health information you expressly consent to provide us
We only collect information that is reasonably necessary for the activities listed in Part 3. We will usually collect your personal information directly from you, unless it is not reasonable or practical to do so, or you have consented to us obtaining the information from someone else.
You may decide not to give us any of the personal information,
3. Use and disclosure of your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- efficiently administer and manage the products and/or services we provide to you
- provide you with information about other products and/or services that may be of benefit to you
- respond to any queries or complaints
- facilitate our internal business operations, including fulfilment of any legal requirements (for example, submitting information to the Adverse Drug Reaction ( Pharmacovigilance) and
We may disclose your personal information:
- to our agents, contractors or third party service providers that provide financial, legal, administrative or other services in connection with the operation of our business,
- where required by law, or
- if you consent.
4. Information security
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access.
Your information is stored securely whether in an electronic or physical form. In our server or business offices with access allowed example, only staff needing access to the information are allowed access.
Your personal information will be permanently destroyed if it is no longer required for any purpose set out above, except where legal requirements require FBM to keep the personal for a period of time.
5. Access and correction
You can request access at any time to personal information we hold about you. We respond to your request within a reasonable time. You may ask us at any time to correct personal information held by us about you, which you believe is irrelevant to the purposes set out above, inaccurate or out of date.
We try to ensure that all information we hold about you, which we collect, use or disclose is relevant to the purposes for which it has been collected, accurate, complete and up to date. You must promptly notify us if there are any changes to your personal information.